Monday 25 June 2007

Welcome Aboard...

Greetings all! I'm here to keep an on-line diary of the restoration of my Broom 'Saturn' Speedboat. Built by Jack Broom of Brundall, on the Norfolk Broads. There are still plenty of these craft around - although some earlier models are looking a little tired now.

My boat was puchased for 70GBP - I bought her 'blind' from this picture...
The seller sounded genuine and said the hull and transom were solid - he was honest and I was lucky!

I have to say that I am not an experienced boatbuilder - but this will be my third 'project' and I learn something new every time. I know there are many fellow 'backyard' builders and restorers out there - hopefully you may learn something from my mistakes - and any exchange of ideas and advice would be welcomed.

No comments: